Buy Jowar flour Click here
(Other Names of Jowar Millet - Jowari, Jona, Jola, Cholam, Jowar, Jawari, Juara)
Sorghum Roti (Jowar Roti)
Sorghum flour - 100 g
• Add hot water to the sieved sorghum f lour. Knead into smooth soft dough. Make round ball (approx 50 g) and spread it into round shape on polythene
sheet by using a rolling stick or by pressing with the palm.
• Bake the roti properly on both the sides of a pre heated tawa.
• Serve hot with any curry or dal.
Sorghum Upma (Jowar upma)
- Sorghum rawa – 1 cup; bengal gramdal, mustard seeds; Chopped onion,green chillies, carrot, tomato and curry leaves – as required.
- Roast 1 cup sorghum rawa till it turns brown.
Season the in another pan mustard seeds, bengal gram dal, onion, green chilies, carrot, tomato and curry leaves.
Add 3 cups water, salt and boil. Add roasted rawa slowly.
Cook well till it become soft at low flame and serve hot.
Sorghum Khichidi (Jowar Khichidi )
Sorghum khichidi rawa – 1 cup, moong dal – ½ cup; mustard seeds, chopped onions, green chillies, tomato, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, salt and water – as required.
- Soak green moong dal and sorghum rawa for 15 min.
Season with mustard seeds, onion, green chillies, ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
Add sufficient water and salt, cook at low flame till it is cooked properly and serve hot.
Sorghum Idli (Jowar Idli)
Sorghum idli rawa - 3 cups and blackgram dal - 1 cup
• Make batter with soaked (overnight) black gram dal.
• Mix washed sorghum fine semolina to the batter, add salt to taste and allow it
• Pour the batter in to greased stainless steel idli molds and steam for 15-20min.
• Serve hot with chutney.
Sorghum Dosa (Jowar Dosa)
Sorghum grain - 3 cup, black gram dal -1 cup, salt and oil (for shallow fry)
- Grind the soaked sorghum grain and black gram dal together into a fine batter. Add salt for taste and allow it for fermentation.
- Apply a tea spoon of oil on the preheated dosa making tawa and pour the batter on it, spread with scoop into thin round shape. Fry till crisp
- dosa is obtained.
- Serve hot with chutney.
Sorghum Ambali (Jowar Ambali)
Ingredients: Sorghum flour - ½ cup, rice starch soup and salt as required.
- Mix sorghum flour with luke warm water carefully to avoid formation of lumps
Add rice starch soup & salt to the above mixture and cook for 15-20 min
Cool the drink, or else ferment for overnight in earthen pot and can be consumed next day.
Sorghum Samosa (Jowar samosa )
- Sorghum flour – 1 cup, maida – 1 cup,potatoes – 1 cup, boiled peas, onions, green chillies and curry leaves as required.
- Take one cup of sorghum flour and one cup of maida. Mix well and add required amount of water to make dough.
Make small chapati balls and spread the dough with roller stick and cut into half’s.
Mash boiled potatoes, add chopped onions, green chilies and curry leaves.
Make seasoning with chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves and boiled mashed potatoes, boiled peas and salt to taste.
Fill the above mixture in each half and fold in triangular shape and deep fry. Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutney.
Buy Millet Chapati Mix Click Here
Swasth Millet Chapati Mix
Food Technology By Defense Food Research Laboratory-DRDO
Buy Flaxseed Chapati Mix Click here
Swasth Flaxseed Chapati Mix
(Other Names of Flaxseed - Agase, Jawas or Alashi, Ali Vidai, Tishi or Pesi, Avise Ginzalu)
Food Technology By Defense Food Research Laboratory-DRDO
(Other Names of Pearl Millet - Bajra, Kambu, Sajjalu, Sajje, Kambam, Bajri, Bajra)
Pearl millet rawa - 1 cup, chopped onions, green chillies, carrot, beans, potato ginger, mustard seeds, blackgram dal, bengal gram dal, curry leaves, water and oil – as required.
• Roast pearl millet rawa till it turns brown.
• Season with chopped onions, green chillies, veggies, finely blackgram dal, chanadal, curry leaves mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
• Add carrots, beans, and potato saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add water and add roasted rawa cook well till it becomes soft and serve hot.
Pearl Millet Pesarattu
Pearl millet -1 cup, whole green gram -1 cup, red chillies-4, green chillies – 2, chopped onion -2-3, ginger - 1/2 inch, salt to taste and coriander leaves chopped - 2 tsp
- Soak pearl millet and whole green gram together for 5-6 hr and grind them grind them to batter consistency and ferment for 3-4 hr.
Grind red chillies, green chillies, ginger, needed salt and add to the batter along with finely chopped onions and coriander leaves.
Heat a tawa on medium flame and put pesarattu.
Flip the pesarattu to the other side for cooking on both sides.
Once cooked remove from tawa and serve hot with any chutney/ sambar.
Pearl Millet Pakoda
Chopped onion, green chilli; pearl millet flour – 1 cup, bengal gram flour – 1/2 cup; chilli powder and salt –as required.
• Mix pearl millet sorghum flour, bengal gram flour, chopped onion, green chilli, chilli powder, salt and water with medium batter consistency.
• Fry the batter in oil with the required shapes.
• Excess oil is removed in a tissue.
• This is served as evening snack along with tomato sauce.
Finger Millet Mudde (Ragi Mudde)
Finger millet flour - 1/4 cup and water - 1 cup.
• Mix about 2 tsp of finger millet flour with water.
• In an aluminum or thick-bottomed utensil, boil water and add salt.
• Add finger millet flour and water mixture and stir continuously.
• Add the remaining finger millet flour and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
• Transfer half of liquid to a utensil.
• Stir the paste till it becomes an uniform paste without lumps add the transferred liquid again to the mixture.
• Cover the utensil and cook in sim mode for another 2-3 minutes.
• Roll the paste into a ball.
• Soft finger millet mudde or soft finger millet ball is ready.
• Serve hot with sambar or chutney.
Finger Millet Cake
Finger millet flour - 100 g, essence - 3 ml, fat – 100 g, baking powder –3 g,
egg - 2 cocoa powder – 5 g, sugar –100g, salt – 2 g and milk - 20ml.
• Pre heat oven to 180°C, sieve all dry ingredients thrice for uniform mixing.
• Sugar powder and egg whites areto be beated well and add milk,essence, egg yolk and mix well.
• Add finger millet flour, salt,cocoa powder and baking powder and make into fine batter.
• Put the batter in baking bowl and place in the oven at 180°C for 25-30 min.
• Take the cake out and wait for 10 • The cake is removed from mould after atleast 15 min. cut into pieces and serve.min until it cools.
Finger Millet Vermicelli Upma
Finger millet vermicelli - 1 cup, chopped onions, green chillies, mustard seeds, blackgram dal, curry leaves, ground nut, water and oil – as required.
• Roast the finger millet vermicelli in little oil
• Make seasoning with mustard seeds, blackgram dal, cumin, ground nuts and curry leaves.
• Pour water and boil, add salt to taste
• Cook vermicelli in above boiled water and serve hot.
Buy Foxtail Millet Click here
(Other Names of Foxtail Millet - Kangni, Kakum, Rala Thinai, Korra, Navane, Thina Kang, Rala, Kang, Kaon Kanghu, Kangam, Kora)
Foxtail Millet Coconut Rice
Foxtail millet - 1 cup, coconut grated - 1 cup, ghee - 2 tsp, coriander leaves - 2
tsp and salt – as desired.
• Foxtail millet is soaked for 2 hr and cooked fully.
• Add ghee and cumin, green leaves, ginger, leaves, red chilli, curry leaves and saurte them in a pan.
• Add cooked foxtail and grated coconut and cook for two min.
• Add salt as per taste and serve hot.
Foxtail Millet Mango Rice
Foxtail millet – 1 cup, water – 2 cups, raw mango, grated – 1 or per taste, groundnuts – 2 tsp, seasoning – curry leaves, chillies, mustard seeds, blackgram dal, turmeric, asafoetida, oil, salt to taste.
- Cook the millet in water and let it cool before mixing the rest of the ingredients.
- Fry groundnuts in oil, keep aside.
- Prepare the seasoning.
- Add grated mango and saute for a minute.
- Add the cooked millet and mix
- Tangy mango rice is ready, serve hot.
Foxtail Millet Cutlet
Dehulled foxtail millet - 100 g, potatoes – 20 g, carrots – 20 g, beans– 20 g, salt – 2 g, pepper – 5 g, chat masala – 5 g, bread crumbs – 20 g, green chillies – 5 g, water – as required and oil - for shallow or deep frying
- All the chopped vegetables and foxtail millet grain are cooked and kept aside.
- In a pan add one table spoon of oil, ginger garlic paste, sliced green chilies and fry them until light brown colour appears.
- Add the cooked millet, chat masala, pepper and cooked vegetables and mix them well. Make them into cutlet shapes, coat the cutlets with foxtail bread crumbs.
Shallow or deep fry in a pan them until light brown colour appears.
Serve with tomato sauce or chutney.
Foxtail Millet Vegetable Biryani / Chiken Biryani
Foxtail Millet - 1 1/2 cup, onion sliced – 2, carrots - 1/2 inch pieces (2), french beans -1/2 inch pieces (15), green peas shelled - 1 cup, salt – as desired, green cardamons – 8, black cardamom – 1. cloves – 15, cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick, bay leaf – 1, caraway seeds (shahi jeera) - 1/2 tsp, ginger-garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp, turmeric powder – 1 tsp, Red chilli powder - 1 tsp, coriander powder - 1 tsp, tomatoes - 1 cup, garam masala powder - 1 tsp, Lemon juice - 1 tsp, food colour - a pinch (If desired), fresh coriander leaves chopped - 2 tsp, Fresh mint leaves chopped - 2 tsp
- Boil Foxtail millet in four cups of salted boiling water with cardamom,clove sand cinnamon, until three-fourth done. Drain excess water and set aside.
- Boil all the chopped vegetables and keep aside.
- Add green cardamoms, cloves, black cardamom and cinnamon along with bay leaf and caraway seeds and roast in a thick bottom pan.
- Add tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, deep fried onions, carrot, French beans, and boiled green peas. Sprinkle salt, cover and cook on medium heat for two minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and mix well. Simmer for two minutes.
- Arrange a layer of millet at the top over that arrange half the cooked vegetables.
- Sprinkle fried onions, lemon juice, food colour mixed in milk garam masala powder, the coriander leaves and the mint leaves.
- Cover with a lid and cook. Let it stand for five minutes. Serve hot.
- NOTE: For chicken biryani in the place of vegetables chicken is to be substituted, remaining whole procedure is same.
Foxtail Millet Bisebelle baat
- For masala powder - coriander seeds, red dry chillies, chana dal, fenugreek seeds, for sambar - cooked toor dal - 1 cup, lemon – 1, tamarind – 1, small onion- 5-7, mixed vegetables - 2 cups (carrot, drumstick, beans and potato), oil - 2 tsp, curry leaves – 10, mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp, turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp, broken red chillies – 2, asafoetida- a generous pinch, salt to taste, coriander leaves - 1 tsp, foxtail millet - 1 cup, water - 2 cups, salt a pinch, coriander leaves - 2 tsp
- Add tamarind water, vegetables, salt and sambar spice powder in a pressure cooker and cook till two whistles.
- Cook the foxtail millet, toor dal, turmeric powder, salt and water in another pressure cooker until two whistles.
For seasoning, saute mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli, curry leaves in ghee and keep aside.
Add the spic y vegetable tamarind curry to the cooked millets and mix together till a mish mash.
Add the seasoning and transfer the bisibelle baat to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the chopped coriander and serve hot.
- Foxtail millet flour – 1 cup, maida – 1 cup, milk – 15 ml, salt – 1 g, yeast – 2 g,sugar – 5 g, water – 30 ml, egg-1 and oil – for greasing
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, oil keep aside for 2 minutes.
- Add the foxtail millet flour, maida, milk and mix them into a smooth dough
- Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes and place in a greased bowl
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 ½ hrs. and set the oven temperature to 190°C.
- After 1 ½ hr punch down the dough onto a floured surface.
- Shape them into a loaf and place in a greased loaf pan and bake them at 190°Cfor 15 to 20 mins.
- Remove from pan and cool them and cut them into loaves and pack.
Buy Kodo Millet Click here
(Other Names of Kodo Millet Koden, Kodra, Varagu, Arikelu, Arika, Harka Koovaragu, Kodra,Kodra,Kodra,Kodo,Kodua)
Kodo Millet Methi Rice
- Kodo millet -1cup, water – 3 cup, chopped methi leaves -2 cups,chopped onions -1/2 cup,chopped tomatoes - 1/2 cup, ginger garlic paste - 2tsp, green chillies – 3,curry leaves – 8, salt – to taste; whole spices: bay leaf –1and clove – 2
- Wash kodo millet rice and keep it aside. Chop all vegetables and keep it ready.
Wash the methi leaves and chop the methi leaves.
Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pressure cooker. Add the whole spices and fry for a few minutes. Add curry leaves, chopped onions and fry till translucent.
- Add green chillies and gingergarlic paste and fry for a few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and when water comes to a boil, add kodo millet rice, chopped methi leaves and cook till 1 whistle in medium flame.
- Serve hot with some raitha. Source: cookingwithmillets.com
Kodo Millet Puloa
Kodo millet - 1 cup, water - 1 & 1/2 cups, chopped carrot, beans, green peas - 1 cup, onion – 1, ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp, green chilli – 2, mint leaves – 12, salt - as needed; To temper: Ghee/ oil - 3 tsp, cinnamon - 1 inch piece, fennel seeds - 1 tsp and bay leaf - 1
• Heat a small pressure cooker and saute with oil/ ghee and add cinnamon, fennel and bay leaf.
• Stir and add onion and ginger garlic paste.
• Add the chopped veggies, mint leaves and salt.
• Add washed, drained millet to it and mix well and cook.
• Add water, salt and bring to boil, mix well and cook for a whistle in medium or low flame.
• Serve hot garnish with coriander leaves.
Kodo Millet Upma
Kodo millet grain - 1 cup, chopped onions, green chillies, carrot, beans, potato ginger, mustard seeds, blackgram dal, bengal gram dal, curry leaves, water and oil – as required.
• Wash kodo millet two or three times, then drain the water completely and keep it aside.
• Chop onions, green chillies and veggies finely. Grate the ginger.
• Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add mustard seeds when it splutters, add blackgram dal, chanadal, curry leaves and green chillies.
• When dal turns golden brown add onions, ginger, turmeric, saute till onions turns golden brown.
• Add carrots, beans, and potato saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Then add kodo millet, saute for 1 minute, till everything combines.
• Then add water and salt. When water starts boiling close the lid, and cook in moderate flame for 3 whistles.
• When pressure subsides, open the lid and serve hot with any type of chutney or sambar
Kodo Millet Coriander Rice
- Kodo millet - 1 cup, water – 2 cups, onion-1, carrot - 1 cup, tomato – 2, , curry leaves- 1 spring bay leaf - 1; Coriander chutney: Coriander leaves - 1 cup, mint leaves - 1/4 cup, green chilli-1, cloves – 1, garlic – 1, ginger - 1/2 inch and salt to taste and oil – 2 tsp
- Cook kodo millet rice in a pressure cooker with water, salt to taste and bay leaf at medium flame for 1 whistle.
- Prepare coriander chutney with minimum water. Chop all the vegetables.
- In a hot pan, take 1 tsp of oil. Add whole spices to it and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and fry till translucent.
- Add chopped carrots and stir well, add mint chutney. Cook the chutney tillthe raw taste of coriander disappears. Add salt to taste.
- Add the cooked kodo millet and mix evenly. Remove from flame. NOTE: Millet rice has to cool otherwise it will become mushy. Serve hot with some raitha
Buy Barnyard Millet Click here
(Other Names of Barnyard Millet - Jhangora , Sanwa , Kuthiravali (Kuthiraivolly), Udalu, Kodisama, Oodalu, Kavadapullu, Swank, Shyama Khira Cereals)
Barnyard Millet Cutlet
Dehulled barnyard millet grains - 100 g, potatoes – 20 g, carrots – 20 g, beans – 20 g, salt – 5 g, pepper – 5 g, chat masala – 5 g, bread crumbs – 20 g, channa dal - 30 g, green chillies – 5 g, water – as required and oil - for shallow or deep frying.
• Cook barnyard millet in boiling water and fluff it with a fork and keep it aside.
• Mix channa dal flour powder with curd, boil the vegetables and saute finely chopped onions, green chilli, garlic, ginger and saute until onions turns transparent in oil.
• Add salt, pepper powder, turmeric powder to the cooked vegetables and add cooked barnyard millet, finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Cook for a further few seconds.
• Leave it to cool. Divide the mixture equally and shape into cutlet and shallow fry the cutlets both sides until golden brown or deep fry them in oil.
• Serve with sauce.
- Barnyard millet – 50 g, shama rice – 100 g, butter milk – 550 ml, salt – to taste, ghee – 20 ml, curry leaves – a few, mustard seeds – 2 g and chopped green chilli – 10 g.
- Clean, soak and boil barnyard millet and shama rice for 30 min.
- Strain and cook in butter milk until well done.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan, add mustard seeds, green chilli and curry leaves.
- [our over the cooked rice and cover with a lid for a short time.
- Mix well and add seasoning.
- Serve hot.
- Source: ICAR-CIAE, Bhopal
- Barnyard millet – 150 g, small dices of vegs. (carrots, french beans,cauliflower and green peas) – 150 g, salt – to taste, green chilli chopped – 15 g, ghee – 50 g, curry powder – 2 tsp, coriander leaves, - as required, asafetida – a pinch, cumin seed – 2 g and water – ½ cup.
- Clean and soak the millet in water for 15 min.
- Heat ghee in cooker, add cumin, asafoetida and diced vegetables along with curry powder and saute.
- Add presoaked millets and mix well.
- Add water, salt and pressure cook with one whistle.
- Open and garnish with ghee, chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Source: ICAR-CIAE, Bhopal
Barnyard millet – 150 g, sugar – 250 g, milk – 250 ml, saffron – 4-5 threads, dry fruits (cashew, almond and pista) – 50 g and ghee – 30 ml.
• Cook together barnyard millet, saffron and milk on slow heat until the millet gets mashed.
• Add sugar and stir gently to cook payasam.
• Heat ghee in a pan add all dry fruits and roast until golden colour and add to the cooked payasam.
• It can be served hot or cold.
Source: ICAR-CIAE, Bhopal
Barnyard Millet Pizza
- Pizza base: Barnyard millet, ½ cup, maida - ½ cup, baking soda - ½ tsp, salt - as required, oil - 1-2 tsp (for cooking the crusts), water - if needed; millet crust pizza –Onions, green capsicum, tomatos cubed - 1/3 cup, sweetcorn kernels - a few tomato sauce - 1/3 cup and mozzarella cheese - as required.
- Soak the millet in enough water for at least an hour and grind into a smooth paste.
- Add baking powder, maida along with salt and mix well (you can also ferment the batter in a warm place for 6 hrs)
- Heat a flat pan. Pour a ladle full of the prepared batter – don’t spreadit. Spread few drops of oil all around the crust, cook and flip it to the other side.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C for about 5-7 mins.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.Place these prepared pizza crusts on the baking tray.
- Spread the tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Place cubed onions, capsicum and sweetcorn all over the pizza.
- Bake/Grill at 180°C for about 7-10 mins, until the cheese is bubbly and the vegetables are toasted.
- Serve hot with red chilli flakes and mixed Italian herbs on top!
- NOTE: There can be a few cracks over the edges of the pizza crust as it is gluten free, but that not hamper the taste.
- Source: www.cookingfromheart.com
Buy Proso Millet Click here
(Other Names of Porso Millet Chena,Baragu,Variga,Pani Varagu)
Proso Millet Rawa Idli
- Proso millet idli rawa- 1 cup, urad dal – 1 cup and salt – to taste
- Soak urad dal in water for 4-6 hr and drain out the water and grind it
- To the batter, add one cup of proso millet idli rawa, salt and allow to ferment overnight.
- Pour out the batter into idli moulds and cook in idli cooker for 7- 10 min.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Proso Millet Samosa
Proso millet flour – 1 cup, maida – 1 cup, potatoes – 1 cup, boiled peas, onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
• Take one cup of proso millet flour and one cup of maida. Mix well and add required amount of water to make dough.
• Make small chapatti balls and spread the dough with roller stick and cut into half’s.
• Mash boiled potatoes, add chopped onions, green chilies and curry leaves.
• Make seasoning with chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves and boiled mashed potatoes, boiled peas and salt to taste.
• Fill the above mixture in each half fold in triangular shape and deep fry.
• Serve hot with chutney or tomato sauce.
Proso Millet Payasam
Dehulled proso millet - 1 cup, dry fruits, ghee, water, sugar, milk, cardamom powder – as required
• Cook the dehulled proso millet in boiling water for 5 min.
• Roast dryfruits in ghee.
• Boil the milk and then add the cooked millet, add sugar and stir slowly for 10- 15 minutes until it is cooked.
• Add cardamon powder and decorate with cashew nuts and other dry fruits.
• Serve hot as a traditional sweet
Buy Little Millet Click here
(Other Names Of Little Millet Kutki, Shavan, Saamai, Sama, Samalu, Saame, Save Chama, Sava, Halvi, Vari, Swank, Gajro, Kuri, Sama, Suan)
Little Millet Curd Rice
Little millet - 1/2 cup, water - 2 cups, curd - 3/4 cup, milk - 1/4 cup, carrot - 3 tbsp, grated coriander leaves - 2 tsp finely chopped, salt - to taste; To temper: Oil - 1 tsp, mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp, split urad dal - 1/2 tsp, curry leaves – few, green chilli - 1 finely chopped and ginger - 1/4 inch piece.
• Boil water, add the millet and cook till millet becomes soft.
• Then take the millet in a mixing bowl and mash it and add curd, then milk and mix it up well.
• Heat oil in a tadka pan and add the seasoning 'to temper' let it splutter.
• Transfer the tempering to the rice along with grated carrot, coriander leaves and required salt. Mix well.
• Serve chilled and garnish with carrots and coriander leaves.
Little Millet Mushroom Biryani
- Little millet - 1 cup, mushroom - 100 g, onion – 1, tomato – 1, ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp, turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp, red chilli powder - 1 tsp, garam masala - 1 tsp, salt - to taste, water - 2 cups (for millet) + 1/4 cup (for mushroom masala); To grind to a paste: Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup, mint leaves - 1/2 cup, green chillies – 1; To temper: Ghee - 2 tsp, oil - 1 tsp, cloves – 4, cardomam – 1, bay leaf – 1, cinnamon - 1 stick, star anise – 1, mace - small piece, fennel seeds- 1 tsp, cumin seeds - 1 tsp and curry leaves - few.
- Dry roast the little millet for 1-2 min. Grind the under masala with little water to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pressure cooker, add the items to temper, and fry till aroma comes. Add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Add the tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, masalas, salt and the coriandermint paste. Mix well.
- Saute well and then add the chopped mushrooms, water and cook.
- Once it starts to boil, add the little millet, water, few coriander and mint leaves and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Consume hot with any gravy and onion raita. NOTE: Use fresh and clean mushrooms.
- Source: cookingwithmillets.com
Little Millet Tomato Rice
Little millet - 1 cup, onion-1, carrot - 1 cup, tomato – 2, green chilli-1, curry leaves- 1 spring, ginger-1tsp [finely chopped], mustard seeds-1 tsp, bengal gram-1 tsp, urad dal-1 tsp, turmeric powder - ¼ tsp, red chilli powder – ¼ tsp, coriander leaves-2 tsp [chopped], water-1 ¾ to 2 cups, salt to taste and oil – 2 tsp
• Wash and little millet for 15 min.
• Heat oil in a pressure cooker add mustard seeds and let its splutter.
• Then add bengal gram, urad dal saute gently then add onion, ginger, green chilli, green peas, carrot and curry leaves saute.
• Add tomato, turmeric and red chilli powder mix well till soft.
• Add water and salt and mix well and let it boil.
• Then add little millet mix wellthen cover it and cook for 3 whistle.
• Then add coriander leaves mix well and serve hot with coconut chutney or pickle.
Buy Browntop Millet Click here
Browntop Millet Juice
- Sorghum flour – ½ cup, pearl millet – ½ cup; cooked - carrot, potatoes and peas – as required.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out using a little sorghum flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook each roti, using ½ tsp of ghee or oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve with any curry or chutney.
Mixed Millet Paniyaram
(ponganalu) – Sweet & Spicy
Buy Millets combo click here
Sorghum – ½ cup, little millet – ½ cup, foxtail millet – ½ cup, barnyard millet – ½ cup, pearl millet – ½ cup, , parboiled rice – ½ cup, blackgram dal – 1 cup, jaggery – ½ cup, fenugreek – 3 tsp and oil – for shallow frying.
- Soak all the ingredients for 2 hours.
- Drain them and grind it into a smooth batter and ferment for 4 hours.
- Take the required amount of batter add melted jaggery
- Heat paniyaram pan on lowmedium flame and add 1 tsp of oil in every well.
- Pour sweet paniyaram batter to the ¾ of the well, and cover the lid for 1 minute on low flame and flip the each paniyaram with the help of skewer or wooden stick.
- After it gets cooked take out from the well and keep it in bowl.
- Serve it hot and spicy paniyaram can also be made by adding evggies with tempering.
Sorghum– ½ cup, pearl millet – ½ cup, foxtail millet – ½ cup, finger millet – ½ cup, kabuli channa – ¼ cup; chat masala, onion, tomatoes, green chilli, salt, and roasted cumin powder – as required.
- Wash and soak the millets and kabuli channa in enough water overnight.
- Pressure cook them in medium heat till two whistles.
- Rinse the cooked millets and saute them on a low flame in little oil by stirring often.
- Add the choppedonion , tomatoes, green chili, salt, roasted cumin powder and chat masala and mix well.
- Serve millet bhel in individual bowls or plates. If needed sprinkle few drops of lemon juice on each serving topped with chopped coriander leaves.
Sorghum– ½ cup, little millet – ½ cup, foxtail millet – ½ cup, barnyard millet – ½ cup, pearl millet – ½ cup, rajma – ½ cup; finely chopped onions, capsicum, ginger, cilantro and shredded carrot, potato, corn, bread crumbs and salt – as required.
- Wash and soak millets in enough water for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil the drained millet in 1.5 cups of water and cook in medium heat for 5-7 minutes till all the millets are cooked.
- In a processor or blender, mash cooked vegetables and add cooked millet and rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Then divide the mixture into small ball sized portions and flat it between palms.
- Heat a tawa/griddle, smear with oil once it is hot and shallow fry patties by flipping on both sides.
- Serve the delicious millet patties with ketchup or chutney.
Multi Millet Khakra
Buy Millets combo click here
Sorghum flour – 25 g, pearl millet flour – 25 g, finger millet flour – 25 g, foxtail millet flour – 25 g, bengal gram flour – 25 g, black gram flour – 25 g, salt – 3 g, coriander powder – 2 g, garam masala powder – 2 g and water - 30 ml.
- Boil water and add all the above ingredients together by adding water.
- Make in to dough and roll in to small balls.
- Make the balls into small rotis.
- Bake them in roti baker, baking on both sides.
- Cool them and store.
Sorghum rawa - 1/2 cup, pearl millet flour - 1/4 cup, finger millet flour - 1/4 cup, sugar - 3/4 cup, coconut powder, dryfruits, ghee, cardamon powder and milk - as required.
- Heat ghee in a pan and roast sorghum rawa, pearl millet flour and finger millet flour till nice aroma comes.
- Roast chopped dryfruits in ghee.
- Add cardamon powder and sugar powdertotheroasted ingredients.
- Add warm milk or ghee and cook till all the mixture gathers together, make lemon size ball and serve .